Dr (Mrs) Nkem Okoro is the Chief Coordinator of “The Wife”. “The Wife” is a group of married women burdened about enhancing the institution of marriage and family. They train and empower women to excel in their marriages and homes. She is extensively invited as Resource Person and Guest Speaker at State functions and those of corporate organizations, schools, churches, men/women/couple groups, bridal showers etc.
She is a seasoned educationist. She taught Science subjects in many Schools including King’s College, Lagos where she spent 20 years from 1983-2003. She is currently in the Directorate cadre of the Federal Ministry of Education as Quality Assurance Evaluator on posting to Federal Inspectorate Service, Lagos from 2003 to date.
Dr. (Mrs.) Nkem Okoro has a B.Sc. Ed (Biological Sciences) & M.Ed. (Educational Administration) both from the University of Lagos and PhD (Hon. D.H.L.) from the European- American University, Commonwealth of Dominica.
She is the author of three books: “See What The Lord Has Done”- a book that stimulates faith in God to deal with the challenges of life; “Enriching Marital Sex”: A healthy and instructive possession for every couple for enjoyable and satisfying marital sex and “Grooming The Next Generation: Effective Parenting and mentoring of Children.” She is also the Chief Coordinator/Editor of the “Empowerment” magazine published by “The Wife”.
She has received many awards in recognition of her unsolicited selfless service to humanity especially for her works in “The Wife”. They include:
- The Anambra State Women Association Lagos (ASWAL), Award in Recognition of selfless service to women empowerment and National Building, 30th May 2014.
- The Redeemed Evangelical Mission (TREM), Casso Branch, Award of Excellence for Extraordinary Commitment to women empowerment, 2014.
- Symbol of Hope Foundation (NGO), Women of Courage Award in Recognition of selfless services to humanity and unprecedented contribution to rural development, 2013.
- Honourary Doctorate Degree Award by European-American University, Commonwealth of Dominica, for contribution to academic development and humanitarian service through the training and empowerment of women, 2009.
- Mother Africa Merit Award (MAMA 2009) by Royal International Magazine for outstanding contributions, achievements, beneficial and unsolicited selfless service towards humanity, nation building and the development of the continent of Africa, 2009.
- The Rotary Club of Ikoyi Award in Recognition of Selfless Service to Humanity, Feb 2008.
- The Pan African Partnership Golden Award for Women Empowerment for Humanitarian Leadership 2008. GIPEC College of Chaplains Award for excellence and service to humanity and commissioned as Ass. General of Chaplains Corps, 2007 & 2008 respectively.
- She is happily married for about 30 years to Pastor Sam Okoro, the Senior Associate Pastor of Guiding Light Assembly, Parkview Estate, Ikoyi and they are blessed with three lovely children.